I realise I’ve been a bit heavy on the breakfast posts as of late, but no fear this is just a warm up for tomorrow’s post, which I can assure you is not a breakfast and it may or may not contain pumpkin – ’tis the season! But for now please do enjoy this scrumptious morning recipe!
So I spent two mornings back in London this weekend, back in my lovely spacious, fruitful kitchen – of course I had to take full advantage! Day 1 I indulged in the most satisfying Apple Pie Pancakes (recipe to come soon, next time I make them – I didn’t take a sufficient picture, where’s Sophie when you need her!); and day 2, caramel banana oats!
As with most porridge recipes, this is super easy and the perfect Autumnal breakfast for those chilly mornings. The hardest bit is remembering to pre-soak the dates, as specified in my Caramel Sauce instructions, but once you got that covered you’re good to go!
- Whilst you mash the banana leave the oats soaking in the saucepan with the milk to soften them up – this will make the porridge cook quicker.
- If you are feeling extra indulgent add a tablespoon of peanut butter to the oats for extra creaminess.
- Top with whatever your heart desires! I am loving the tanginess of pomegranate seeds at the moment, gives a nice contrast to the sweetness of the caramel.
Ingredients (yields 1 bowl)
1 1/2 tbsp caramel sauce
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 cup desired milk (I used semi-skimmed)
1 banana (1/2 mashed, 1/2 sliced for topping)
1 handful pumpkin seeds
1 handful pomegranate seeds
Sprinkling of granola
- Add 1/2 the mashed banana, oats and milk to a saucepan and cook on a medium heat – stirring every so often when the edges begin to bubble.
- Add the caramel sauce to the porridge after 2-3 minutes of heating. Mix it in and cook for another 2-3 minutes until ready to serve.
- Add your desired toppings and enjoy!