The end of the first week is in sight, and you know what it is all going surprisingly well! I think what’s really helping me is how busy I am, I’m barely at home so I never give myself the opportunity to think about all the foods I’m missing out on. On the odd day when I do end up doing nothing or slobbing out at home that’s when the sugar cravings kick in, this was my Sunday. I’m not normally a “got-that-Sunday-feeling” kinda gal, but this weekend the chill out and do nails vibe was calling me, and so with it came my sweet tooth. I’m not about denying myself food, so I made myself a little trail mix of goji berries, cashews, pumpkin seeds, and pistachios – not the chocolate digestive I would have loved but it satisfied me.
Today’s breakfast is not really a recipe, it’s super simple and most of you have probably had it before, but I took a nice picture and it’s always nice to be reminded of an old classic to add to your idea list! I knocked this up in 10 minutes on my return from the gym. I find the later I have breakfast the less inclined I am to want something sweet – i.e PORRIDGE (sad face). So I normally eat my egg breakfasts at around 11am and call it brunch… Only 24 more days to go, I’m coming back for you oats.
Ingredients (serves 1)
Half pack asparagus
4 rashers streaky bacon (the paleo approved kind, I use Spoilt Pig)
- Wrap the bacon round 4 of the asparagus stalks and place them with the rest on some foil. Put them under a hot grill.
- Whilst they cook, prepare some boiling water in a saucepan.
- After 4 minutes flip over the normal and bacon-wrapped asparagus so they cook on both sides. Leave for another 4 minutes.
- Place the eggs in the boiling water and boil for 5 minutes for a soft runny yolk.
- Serve more successfully than I have in a little egg cup using the asparagus as soldiers!