I’ve reached the Whole 30 half way line – hurrah!!!
This is the recipe for last night’s dinner, which was literally heaven on a plate. Apologies for my briefness, but dissertation calls!
Avocado Stuffed Burger served in Sweet Potato Bun
Ingredients (serves 1)
100g beef mince
1/4 red onion chopped
1 garlic clove minced
2 rashers bacon
1 large sweet potato
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp paprika
S + P
- Preheat the oven to its highest temperature and preheat the grill to medium/high heat.
- Cut two 1/1.5 inch slices lengthways from the sweet potato – cut the remains into fries. Place just the two slices on some foil, drizzle with olive oil and season. Bake in the oven for 40 minutes and flip half way. 10 minutes in add the rest of the fries to the foil – if you put them all in at the same time they will burn.
- Meanwhile prepare the burger: Grill the bacon for 3 minutes, flip it over and grill it for a further 2 minutes.
- In one bowl mix the mince, oregano, paprika, salt and pepper, and half the quantity of red onion. When the bacon is done chop it up into small pieces and also mix in to the mince.
- In another bowl mash the avocado and add the rest of the red onion to the mixture.
- Divide the mince mixture in half and make two thin patties using your hands. Scoop the avocado mixture into the centre of one of the patties and place on some foil.
- Press the other patty on top, sealing the edges and enclosing the avocado in the centre – it doesn’t matter if it’s messy or if the avocado is peeping out, still tastes just as good!
- Place the burger under the grill, and cook for 5/6 minutes on each side, make sure you keep an eye on them though because all grills are different!
- When the sweet potato buns and burger is done, assemble your masterpiece on a plate. Serve with extra guacamole sauce (see below), remaining sweet potato fries, and asparagus spears.
Ingredients (enough for 1 burger)
1 tsp dijon mustard
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp hot sauce
1/2 avocado mashed
- In a saucepan combine all the ingredients over a medium heat.
- Serve on the side or on top of your burger.