Today is a day of Leonardo Di Caprio, dressing gowns, and nutella. Unfortunately the latter doesn’t quite fit in with my whole 30… So whilst my housemates dig in, spoon in hand, I’m going to need something else to satisfy my “I’m-an-independent-woman” sugar cravings (lol).
Enter these energy packed balls of gooey goodness: no sugar, no dairy, no nothing! I actually like these so much that I have no doubt I’ll continue to make them post whole 30, even when I’ll be allowing myself the occasional real sugary treat.
So if your Valentine’s Day is sounding a somewhat similar to mine, give these energy balls a go and make that sofa time just a tad more satisfying with a little less guilt!
Ingredients (makes about 12)
9 soaked dates (minimum 1 hour soak)
1/2 cup pistachios
1 tbsp almond butter
3 tsp melted coconut oil
3 tsp water
1 tbsp flax seeds
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 tbsp cacao
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend until thick creamy paste has formed. You may need to keep scraping down the sides and readjusting. Add a tiny bit more water if mixture is too thick to blend.
- Place the mixture in a bowl with cling film and leave in the freezer to set for around 2-3 hours.
- Once the mixture has set, take small golf ball sized lumps and roll them into balls in the palm of your hands.
- Set up your toppings in little mounds and roll each truffle so the outside is entirely coated.
- Place back in the freezer for one more hour, then leave in the fridge until you’re ready to devour them all!!